Saturday, November 16, 2013

royals.

 Bag c/o wholesale7.net
Top + shorts set c/o Dahlia
Earrings c/o Lovisa
Studded Bracelet from Urban Outfitters
Studded booties c/o ClubCouture


I've never really experimented with athletic playsuits-which-are-actually-just-matching-separates, but when I visited Dahlia's flagship store in London to select some of my favorite pieces from their new collection courtesy of their generous management (more about my exciting visit to Dahlia coming soon!), I fell in love with the silhouettes, the patterns and the versatility of this two-piece dream. The top is cut to a slouchy fit, which adds a touch of tomboy appeal and balances out the rather teeny athletic-inspired matching shorts. While the detailed design in varying shades of blue is luxurious enough to be teamed with sophisticated additions such as blazers and heels, the astonishing level of comfort tempts me to wear these pieces while lounging around the house on a lazy weekend morning. Sunday lie-ins have never looked this good! Initially I was inclined to shoot these separates with non-matching tops/bottoms and add complexity to the ensemble with bold accessories, but, being someone who rarely plays the matching game while getting dressed, I figured these pieces would be the perfect place to start being a little more cohesive with my dressing. It's hard to even tell that they're actually separates - they look so seamlessly perfect for one another!

Black is the boldest of all statements in my opinion; it floats airily above any fluorescent color combination you could ever concoct with the firm knowledge that, through its silence and apparent understatement, it reigns supreme. I am head over spiky black heels in LOVE with my gift from wholesale7.net - a black crossbody carryall. With lovely gold accents interspersed between all the perfect leathery slouch, this bag can hold my hopes and dreams and look effortless the whole time. Definitely a new staple of mine, considering I've been looking far and wide for my Prince Charming that takes the form of a slouchy black bag for quite a while now.


And of course, who can forget these shoes. With plenty of spikes and studs to ward off annoying unwanted people (please don't quote me on that), they add that extra edge that black leather alone lacks. They are also astonishingly comfy; they feel just like an elevated pair of Converse I swear. Snap these up on ClubCouture.cc! I wore these babies to the ONE day of FIDe Fashion Week I was able to attend - I literally hopped off the plane from London and into makeup and heels to catch the last couple shows of this year's fashion week. Is it crazy that I feel a bit like Chiara Ferragni, jetsetting from London to Singapore (albeit in an economy class seat and minus paparazzi) in time for fashion week? With this easy breezy playsuit, no-fuss bag and the comfiest pair of heels I own, traveling in the style of the world's top bloggers has never felt more within reach.


 current tune: royals // lorde

11 comments:

  1. You look so good, love the print and your shoes are hot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top and shorts set look amazing! Love ittt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the monochromatic look! Those boots are stunning.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gorgeous! x

    http://ciaoysabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the outfit the pattern is amazing! And I love the heels,

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is absolutely perfect. You look stunning!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg these photos are completely stunning!! and i love love love the outfit, its super chic all black but the patterned shorts and top make it way cool and unique!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so stunning Veena, your hair looks great and loving the two-piece! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo incredibly gorgeous! I love how that playsuit suits you ;)

    xx ninaalvia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete