Saturday, December 7, 2013

watercolor textures.



 booties - zara
pants - h&m
clutch - c/o katja tamara
top - tout a coup c/o i.t.
watch - c/o juicy couture

I'll be back in Singapore next weekend and I couldn't be more excited to be greeted at the airport with a gust of humid, gloriously hot air, the smiling faces of my parents and the Christmas spirit in the air. I've never spent Christmas away from Asia, so I oddly associate Christmas a lot more with the heat than with the cold in which I now spend most of the year in! I picked up these watercolor-streaked pants for £5 (yes that is five pounds everyone) at H&M; they're probably the best bargain I've ever gotten at a high street store and I love them to death for their thigh-slimming properties and exciting colors. I paired them with a super soft knit top with gorgeous sheer detailing from Tout A Coup (available at i.t. concept store in Wisma Atria), which I raved about in this blogpost after attending the opening of i.t. and being gifted a generous $100 to spend in-store on the night of the event. My stunning Zara booties have finally gotten the chance to be featured on my blog; I love them so so so much even though they cause me a lot of pain. The sleek black heel, the silver zip, the nude suede and the magenta platform - what's not to love? Yet another texture is introduced into the picture in the form of a stunning python clutch, handmade in Bali, courtesy of Katja Tamara. It's luxurious and raw to the touch with a soft, flexible shape, a discreet magnetic closure and a size that is just perfect. Last but probably most important of all is my new favorite piece of wrist-candy: the Juicy Couture watch I won in the lucky draw at their opening event at MBS! I've never won a lucky draw (or anything of the sort) so I was particularly chuffed to walk away with the Swarovski-encrusted gold beauty on my wrist! 

So there you have it: gold stainless steel, python skin, suede, knit and denim. Textural mash-ups have never been so fun!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love this look! :)

    http://bellasstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful x

    http://ciaoysabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit veena! Those pants are amazing,

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe those pants are H&M! The pattern is so unique and your legs look miles long.

    Lindsay
    thestylechildblog.com

    ReplyDelete