Sunday, December 1, 2013

xmas wishlist.

wishlist


One of my favorite things about Christmas is putting together a list of delectables I've acquired an affection for over the year and sending it off to Santa with crossed fingers and high hopes. This year my wish list is as varied (and as long!) as usual, spanning from tech gadgets to sunnies and everything in between. I thoroughly enjoyed putting together this collage on Polyvore, and if you have either a spare moment or an excess of creative juice, I recommend checking out Polyvore.com and having a go at creating your own set of items. It's surprisingly fun and addictive, and it doesn't feel like a mindless waste of time because it's creative! Read on to find out what I'm lusting after this festive season.
1. iPhone-related stuff.
I love my iPhone, and while I might want an iPhone 5S, I know the lifespan of my current iPhone 5S will last me long enough till at least next Christmas (that's if I don't drop it enough times by then...). I've been dying for a Mophie battery power pack, a sleek iPhone case with a built in charger for up to 100% extra battery juice for long days out and about and away from power sockets. Readily available battery life is essential for a blogger who's always on Instagram and social media patrol! I'm also in love with iPhone cases - they are such a fun way to accessorize without much fuss! To me, a vivid phone case and a statement manicure speaks successful street style like nothing else. My favorites are Tory Burch's cute and colorful designs. Living in a boarding house means music on the iPhone's built in speaker is never loud enough, so wireless portable speakers for mid-week dance parties and impromptu raves would be an absolute dream!
2. Clothes, shoes, and accessories!
(Contrary to popular belief, gift vouchers work just as well). My UK wardrobe, tailored to the chilly weather, would certainly welcome chunky-knit slim-fit Abercrombie V necks for winter layering. This simple, structured coat by Alexander Wang is the perfect understatement and is exactly the type of look I want to be rocking until it's warm enough to stop rocking a coat altogether. Simple black ankle boots with a low heel are all over the London streets, and for good reason: they go with pretty much anything and have enough chic-factor to spice up a simple coat and jeans ensemble. A cute beanie with a statement slogan reminiscent of Cara Delevigne's off-duty style is a daring accessory I'd love to try, combined with a simple gold chain necklace. Zoe of Fashiononymous has inspired me to widen my range of accessory cravings to include a functional, boyish Casio, and in the shoe department, I'd love a pair of nude Tory Burch flats, chocolate brown Ugg boots for the cold and a pair of minimalist white chucks.
3. Beauty products.
I finally live in a place where hand cream is an essential as opposed to a luxury, and what better hand cream is there than L'Occitane? Staying fresh throughout the day requires frequent doses of light body splash scents as opposed to heavy perfumes, and any luscious scent by Victoria's Secret fits the bill. Lastly, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon of mascara addicts (I never used to wear mascara but now it's an essential!) and am keen to try Benefit's popular "Bad Gal Lash" mascara to see if what the critics say really is true!
What are you eyeing this Christmas season? Let me know in the comments below!

3 comments: